Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dungaree/Shortalls for toddlers

Shortalls Sewing Project shortalls sewing

Did you take a look at summer spring catalog for Mini Boden? I like to flip through their pages for inspiration. In this edition, I was struck by their cute Dungaree/shortalls for toddlers. I made the above pair of shortalls inspired by their designs.

dungaree bodice front
A close-up of bodice front


shortalls back
Back
Here's the back. Don't you just love those back pockets. Perfect for a toddler who has just discovered the joy of pockets.

dungaree back
                                  Close up of the back bodice


I tried to go wild with embellishments on these, ric-rac, iron-ons, appliques? yes and yes!
Somehow the stripey main fabric doesn't work for me ( or my toddler) still. I didn't use my first choice in fabrics because I kind of wanted to try out the pattern first. So the pattern works ( but I still have a few more tweaks in mind) but the fabric just doesn't. Hopefully my next iteration will be much better. Oh yes, there's going to be a next iteration. These are way too cute to leave them alone after just one try.


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome,who wouldn't love it!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tooo too cute..makes me wish I had little ones to sew for..thanks for making us smile with this project today>

    Jonell
    at Like Gramma's House
    http://mygrammashouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute! I would love for you to link the up at "I Made This", going on now at Grits & Giggles! http://www.gritsandgiggles.blogspot.com/2012/05/i-made-this-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Thanks for linking up to Flaunt It Friday! :) Hope you will come back and visit!

    Sarah
    @ www.dottedlinecrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! The red floral works well with the stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely very cute! I like the stripy fabric myself!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So ADORABLE!!!! I could so see my nephew sporting these!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)